Sunday 8 September 2013







What a striking Ben Zuckerman suit this is! Zuckerman takes the usual, well tailored and well made suit and makes it stand out by using a gold patterned material.
Perhaps because the material is so bold, the jacket and skirt are simple. The other standout feature is the buttons on the jacket- they are jewelled and accessorize the suit perfectly.
I would date this suit from the late 1960's as the skirt is shorter than seen in earlier Zuckermans (while still being long enough for the more conservative, older customer that Ben Zuckerman catered for).
Photos courtesy of Couture Allure Vintage.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise
    Your blog is fantastic! I didn't know how else to contact you, but I just listed a Ben Zuckerman Jacket in my store! Your obviously a huge fan and I thought I would share it with you!

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/162597330/1950s-1960s-ben-zuckerman-blue-tweed-and?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete